I have a BA in Translation – English/Italian/Russian (First Class), and an MA in Translation (Distinction). After graduating in Translation in 2009, I co-founded a professional translation services company (Veritas Language Solutions). This company is now a global leader in its industry, and has received numerous awards and accolades. Through this experience, I gained valuable insights into various aspects of the language services supply chain, and a wealth of practical experience. I am currently writing my PhD in Health Science/Linguistics at Swansea University, and freelance as a professional linguist, primarily carrying out copy-editing, proofreading, translation, transcription and writing services. As a researcher, I know first-hand the language needs of academics and students, and their working environment. I work from my home office in Mumbles, Gower, so am able to work flexible hours and respond to urgent deadlines.
- Medical (esp. allergology, dermatology, immunology, nephrology, obstetrics, pharmacology)
- International relations, politics, nuclear governance, maritime law
- Business, marketing, finance, corporate social responsibility
- Translation, linguistics, language and cultural studies
- Academia, R&D and education