Your ideas will be better understood if they are presented in clear, succinct and appropriate language, and correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation can increase your grade by up to 10%. Especially if you are an international student with English as your second language, I can help you to reach your full potential in your academic writing. By giving you a personalised report on areas for improvement in your English academic writing, I also help you in the long term.
- I am a certified proofreader and copy-editor, and have edited several academic books for Routledge
- I have proofread over 2 million words in the last 6 years, including 32 successful PhD theses for Oxford and Cambridge students
- I am experienced in working with international students in a range of topics in both the sciences and humanities
- I am currently tutoring at Swansea University and writing my PhD in Linguistics/Medicine
- I have a BA (1st Hons) and MA (Dist.) in Translation and Linguistics
- I previously ran my own successful language services company
Guidelines on the use of proofreading services for theses and dissertations vary in UK universities, so it is your responsibility (not mine) to check that you are permitted to use my service.
- Undergraduate dissertation (10,000 words) – £150
- Master’s dissertation (20,000 words) – £300
- PhD/DPhil thesis (100,000 words) – £1,200
- Post-doc proposal and report writing – £15 per thousand words
- Bibliography formatting – £1 per source
Unlike many proofreading agencies, I only correct and improve the presentation of your work, and will not write or rewrite your essay, nor will I change any key arguments or information.
- Check spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Ensure consistent use of technical language
- Formatting, e.g. font size, line spacing, page numbers
- Bibliography in most styles, including Harvard, Chicago and APA
- Flag up parts that seem unclear or incomplete
- Personalised report of your common grammatical mistakes
- I do not rewrite your thesis or dissertation
- I do not assist in developing/critiquing your ideas/arguments
- I do not reduce word count beyond 1% of total length